University Assessment Committee
The Charge of the Committee is to:
- Consult on assessment processes, gather assessment evidence, and engage faculty and staff in assessment decision-making.
- Assess ambassador and dean meetings each semester to:
- Provide up-to-date assessment planning/reporting guidelines, forms, submission processes, timelines, and the process for dropping programs or changing program names.
- Discuss annual program audit to identify program director, number of students, accuracy of CIP codes, accurate program list and accuracy of information
- Assess inactive programs (informed by query of students); evaluate the need to drop programs that don’t anticipate future students; promote awareness of add/drop programs and the Substantive Change process.
- Evaluate peer reviews and approve Student Learning Outcomes to assess feasibility and consistency with University-wide evaluation.
- Review annual assessment plans to assist with improving reporting content, including requests to add programs, in advance of review by University and Graduate Councils.
- Support the Office of Institutional Effectiveness to annually collect and aggregate assessment plans, reports and related documents for record-keeping and documentation for future accrediting visits.
- Recommend systems to ensure reports and documentation are in place for all Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards and Federal Requirements.
University Assessment Committee Meetings
University Assessment Committee (UAC) meetings will take place in the Rees-Jones Hall Incubator Lab at 2 pm with Zoom availability.
UAC Chair: David E. Allen, PhD., Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness
UAC Committee Members:
Office of the Provost – Jon McGuire
Addran College of Liberal Arts – Eric Cox
Bob Schieffer College of Communication – Julie O’Neil
Burnett School of Medicine – TBD
College of Education – Cindy Savage
College of Fine Arts – Janace Bubonia
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences – Lynn Flahive
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences – Suzy Lockwood
John V. Roach Honors College – Stacy Landreth Grau
Neeley School of Business – Nishala Silva
College of Education – Heather Doyle
College of Fine Arts – TBD
College of Fine Arts – TBD
College of Fine Arts – Leslie Browning-Samoni
College of Fine Arts – Michael Skinner
College of Science and Engineering – Timothy Barth
Harris College of Nursing and Health Sciences – Linda Humphrey
TCU College of Education – Ashley Tull
Bob Schieffer College of Communication – Uche Onyebadi
Director of the Core Curriculum, Theresa Gaul
Chair of the Undergraduate Council, Cindy Savage
Chair of the Graduate Council, Floyd Wormely
Director of Institutional Research, Laurie Harris
Chair of Faculty Senate, Omar Harvey
Vice Provost of Undergraduate Affairs – Reginald Wilburn
- University Assessment Committee Meeting: Sep 15
- University Assessment Committee Meeting: Oct 13
- University Assessment Committee Meeting: Nov 10
- SACS Staff On-site Advisory Visit: Nov 14 – 15
- University Assessment Committee Meeting: Dec 8
- Weave Interaction: Jan 9 – 13
- CY 2022 Reports are due: Jan 17
They will not be included in the focus report given to the offsite
- AA Review: Jan 18 – Feb 7
2 weeks for AA review
1 week for programs to make changes
- UAC Review: Feb 8 – 28
2 weeks for UAC Review
Extra buffer week for programs to make additional changes or meet with AAs or OIE
- Final Date to fix all 1s: Mar 3
- SACS On-site Committee will be on campus: Mar 6 – 9
- Transition to AEFIS: Early Spring